Terms & Conditions for Rentals
- The Management Company: Scandinavian Village Limited.
- Management: Any authorised employee of the Management Company.
- The Village: Scandinavian Village, AVIEMORE, Inverness-shire, PH22 1PF.
- Reception: The public office at the Village.
- Accommodation Unit: The Villa, Apartment, or ‘The Cairngorm Suite’, as appropriate, being the subject of the rental.
- Renter: The person, 18 years of age or older, making the booking.
- Rental Group: The renter and all accompanying persons who will occupy the accommodation unit throughout the rental period.
- Rental Period: The whole of the time between the renter’s check-in and the renter’s check-out. Weekly lets run from Saturday to Saturday and short breaks are subject to availability.
- Check-in: The time at which the renter registers at Reception, on arrival normally between the hours of 5.00pm and 8.00pm on Saturdays; at any time between 9.00am and 6.00pm on Sundays; and, normally at any time between 8.00am and 6.00pm on all other days.
- Check-out: The time at which the renter signifies his/her intention to vacate the accommodation unit, on or before 10.00am on Saturdays; at any time between 9.00am and 6.00pm on Sundays; and, at any time between 8.00am and 6.00pm on all other days.
- Bookings may be made through our online booking system, by telephone, or in person at Reception. Where the booking is made online, or by telephone, or in person, more than 28 days in advance of the commencement of the rental period, the renter must pay a deposit of £100 per accommodation unit per week at the time of booking and payment of the balance must be made by no later than 28 days before check-in. Alternatively, payment of the agreed rental cost may be made in full at the time of booking.
- Where a booking is made in person more than 28 days in advance of the commencement of the rental period, the renter must pay a deposit of £100 per accommodation unit per week at the time of booking and payment of the balance must be made by no later than 28 days before check-in. Alternatively, payment of the agreed rental cost may be made in full at the time of booking.
- Where a booking is made online, or by telephone, or in person, less than 28 days in advance of the commencement of the rental period, the renter must pay the full amount of the agreed rental cost at the time of booking.
- At the time of booking, the renter must warrant that he/she will accompany the other members of the rental group and remain resident with them throughout the whole of the rental period.
- The Management Company will confirm its acceptance of the booking in writing and may send the confirmation through the post, by fax, or by e-mail, except where a booking is made in person, in which case the renter will be handed a duly completed and signed copy of the Rental Booking Confirmation Letter at the time of booking.
- Cancellation by the Management Company: Cancellation of a confirmed booking may be intimated by the Management Company in writing, sent to the renter by means of a letter, fax, or e-mail, if it has good reason to believe that the renter made a false declaration, or declarations, at the time of the booking being made: in such event, the renter’s deposit shall be forfeited. If the Management Company has to cancel a confirmed booking by reason of force majeure, all monies already paid by the renter will be refunded in full.
- Cancellation by the Renter: Cancellation by the renter must be intimated to the Management Company in writing, sent to the Management Company by means of a letter, fax, or e-mail. In the event that such cancellation is notified more that 28 days before the intended start of the rental period, the renter’s deposit shall be forfeited or, if notified within 28 days of the intended commencement of the rental, the renter will be held liable to settle the amount of the due balance of the agreed rental cost.
Facilities within the Village
- Electricity: The renter must pay for electricity consumed within the accommodation unit during the rental period, at the time of check-out.
- Telephone: The renter must pay for all telephone calls made from the instrument(s) within the accommodation unit during the rental period, at the time of check-out.
- Guest Laundry: The washing machines and the dryers in the Guest Laundry may be used free of charge. Washing-powder is provided and all guests can make use of the iron and ironing board located in that area, all free of charge
- Ski Lockers: A number of ski lockers are available and these can also be used for the storage of golf clubs. If the renter requires one, application should be made at Reception and a key will be provided free of charge.
- DVD Hire: A selection of DVDs is available within Reception and these may be hired by payment in cash. Any hired DVD must be returned to Reception as early as possible during the morning of the following day.
- Tourist Information: A selection of tourist leaflets can be found in all accommodation units and further brochures and information can be obtained from Reception.
Facilities outwith the Village
- Other Things to See and Do: There are numerous and varied things to see and do during your stay at the Village and advice can be obtained from the tourist leaflets within all accommodation units; by calling in to Reception; visiting the Management Company’s ‘Out & About’ section on its website on www.scandinavian-village.co.uk; and, by visiting the Tourist Information office, located a leisurely ten minutes stroll from the Village.
- Under the terms of The Management Company’s Pet Regulations, customers are permitted to bring a dog. Notification of bringing a dog must be made prior to arrival at the resort. There will be a charge of £25.00 payable on departure. (This charge will be waived in respect of any renter who requires the use of an assistance dog).
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times when in the Scandinavian Village grounds.
- Dogs must NOT be left in the unit unattended.
Cleaning of the Accommodation Unit
- The Management Company does not provide a cleaning service during the rental period and the renter must ensure that the unit is left in a clean and tidy condition.
Reporting of Damages
- Damages Found on Entry to the Accommodation Unit: All damages discovered by the renter on entry to the accommodation unit must be reported to Reception immediately, otherwise the renter may be held liable for the reparation costs.
- Damages Occurring During the Rental Period: The renter will be held liable for the reparation costs of all damages occasioned to the accommodation unit and its inventory, both internal and external, during the rental period, provided that such damage was caused by the renter or another member of the rental group. If the damage is so severe that the accommodation unit cannot be fully restored in time for the arrival of the next due occupant, or subsequently due occupiers, the renter will be held liable for all costs incurred by the Management Company in providing them with alternative accommodation either within, or out with, the Village, in addition to the reparation costs.
- In the event that the renter, or any other member of the rental group, indulges in unacceptable behaviour, such as, but not restricted to, causing noise that interferes with the comfort of other residents within the Village, Management reserves the right to summarily evict the entire rental group, without compensation.
- Management shall be the sole judge of what constitutes unacceptable behaviour.
Acceptable Payment Methods
- Online Bookings: The payment of a deposit, or the full rental cost, must be made at the time of booking, by Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Solo, or Maestro card.
- Telephone Bookings: The payment of a deposit, or the full rental cost, must be made at the time of booking, by Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Electron, Solo, or Maestro card.
- Bookings in Person: The payment of a deposit, or the full rental cost, must be made at the time of booking, by Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Electron, Solo, Maestro card; by a Sterling cheque, provided that the amount payable falls within the limit of a cheque guarantee card, which must be presented with the cheque; or, in cash.
Payment of Outstanding Balances:
- Balance of Bookings Payments: Where only a deposit was made at the time of booking, the balance of the rental payment due must be made by telephone, using a Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Electron, Solo, or Maestro card, or by a cheque sent through the post.
- All Other Payments: Other than the charges payable for use of the Guest Laundry (see 4.3 above) and DVD Hire (see 4.5 above) , the charges in respect of electricity consumed, telephone calls made and any payments in respect of damages, must be settled at the time of check-out, by means of a Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Solo, or Maestro card; by a Sterling cheque, provided that the amount payable falls within the limit of a cheque guarantee card, which must be presented with the cheque; or, in cash.
- Credit Card Swipe: An acceptable credit card swipe must be provided at check-in and the Management Company undertakes to only make use of that should the renter leave the Village without following the correct check-out procedure, or where the after check-out inspection of the accommodation unit reveals that the renter vacated without having left it in a clean and tidy condition and/or unreported damages are discovered.
- The Management Company will not accept liability for injury to persons, loss from or damage to vehicles, or the loss of or damage to any personal property, from whatever cause arising.
- The Management Company will not accept responsibility for the unavailability of any leisure facilities provided by Aviemore Highland Resort Limited.
- The Management Company cannot accept any responsibility for any misleading or wrong information which appears on any website link accessed via the Company’s own website, nor for any misleading information in the tourist information leaflets that may be found in all accommodation units, or obtained from Reception.
- Right to make Alterations to these Terms & Conditions: The Management Company reserves the right to amend any or all of the clauses of these Terms & Conditions at any time.
Acceptance of these Terms & Conditions by the Renter
- Online Bookings: A copy of these Terms & Conditions can be viewed on the Company’s website at www.scandinavian-village.co.uk and also can be downloaded.
- Telephone Bookings: A copy of these Terms & Conditions will be sent to the renter by post, fax, or e-mail, under cover of a Rental Booking Confirmation Letter.
- Bookings in Person: A copy of these Terms & Conditions will be handed to the renter at the time of booking.
- All Booking Methods: Prior to the renter being permitted entry to the accommodation unit, these Terms & Conditions must be signed by the renter and counter-signed by Management.
Scandinavian Village Limited will use its best endeavours to safeguard the privacy of its website visitors. This policy explains the website data processing practices of Scandinavian Village Limited.
What information do we collect and where is it stored?
We collect personal details appropriate to the service you require. In some areas, this may mean registering your name, address and email details. All information collected by our web site is stored on a private database. The personal data Scandinavian Village Limited collects about you is never passed to any third parties or sold to any third parties. All information collected by Scandinavian Village Limited is only ever used by us in accordance with the policy set out below.
What do we use personal information for?
There are various reasons that we need to collect personal data. For example, if you are a member of Scandinavian Village Association we will need to hold your details to maintain our register of members. Otherwise, we may need to ask you for your contact details for correspondence purposes. Subject to your agreement we may contact you to either provide information about new services that are available, make you aware of special offers or get your feedback on how well we are performing. In any event we will only ever obtain information from you that are ‘fit for purpose’ and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Please note that in agreeing to share these details you have not forfeited your rights as prescribed under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Scandinavian Village Limited will apply the same level of care to safeguard your privacy and use of your information across all our services.
We are keen to ensure that we are providing our clients with services that they need. Consequently, you may receive occasional e-mail messages from Scandinavian Village Limited on matters that we consider may be of interest to you if you have provided your email address to us for this purpose.
Access to Information – Data Protection and You
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can make a formal request for the following information:
- Clarification that your personal data is being processed by Scandinavian Village Limited.
- A description and copy of such personal data.
If you wish to revoke your agreement to our keeping your details on record,
please write to:
Scandinavian Village Limited